Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Little More Than A Forecast (coming soon)

I have been asked by people to give some more in depth analysis on the incoming storm. This idea is what Forecast GMU is really all about: incorporating the basic public weather knowledge that can be easily understood and interpreted with the notion that we could always go deeper. My goal is to educate and to inspire the public to explore further truths. I feel that should be every scientists dream.

As an aspiring meteorologist, nothing pleases me more than when someone asks me about the weather. It shows that they show some sort of trust in the work that I do, and that I am one step above the average public member stating their opinion on how the atmosphere will function on a daily basis.

That being said, for further severe storms, I will be providing more detailed information for those that are interested in a separate article. The link for the connected article will be within the forecast near the bottom. Meteorology is a scientific venue that has seen a rise in attention in the last 20 years with the rise in concern of global climate change. Still though it lacks the true internal attention that I feel like it deserves.

This section will be a bit wordy so if you have any questions feel free to ask! I am always looking to answer questions. The goal is to educate and inform. You get kind of a backstage pass into how forecasting is done behind the scenes.

The first more in depth forecast will be with this incoming snowstorm and will be ready by tomorrow. Please keep in mind that I am still a student so my knowledge while substantial is still very limited as compared to seasoned meteorologists.

Hope you enjoy this new venture to our site.

Regards,

James



No comments:

Post a Comment